::

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. -The Worthily Beloved William Shakespeare

Monday, April 11, 2011

DEATH Sweet Death

Sweet Death did murmur in my ear
the felicity of lacking fear
for all the dismal days of drear
that silently, always draw near.

And Death, more charming than alarming,
did cause me to begin disarming
when did he speak of life so noxious
and better he beamed, so sweetly luscious.

Unto the lurking creature, kind,
I spoke, "Of beauty you'll make me blind!
Lest in your ghostly sphere's delight,
Does heaven wait within your light?"

His crystal eyes of dark myst'ry
swiveled closer as though he were quite pleased
And from his lips a clear melody squeezed,
"Follow and your heart shall ease."

Oh, how my soul had melted in rejoice
at this sweet chiming of his lucid voice
juxtaposed to my withering, mortal place,
so decrepit against his everlasting face.

And for a moment paused in time,
I saw no more life's grisly grime
but instead all despair shed so,
the lovely solace with which Death glowed.

As I gazed into his gaunt and grave yet glorious, pale eyes,
I pleaded, "Oh, my love, wane not! Do listen to my cries;
Have I no consolation but you in all my sighs?
Are you not my happy dawn after too many nightmarish nights?"

His pollished, pallid, gentle cheek turned up perplexedly,
And as he peered elatedly he said sweetly unto me,
"Do not you know, my lovely? For you, I'll always be."
And a grin of gleeful love crept across his face for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment