::

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. -The Worthily Beloved William Shakespeare

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

sad

When does the daylight wither
vaguely ling'ring on my flesh
wearily to my fingers meshed
slowly away it seeps and slithers.

And as does the noxious night arise
to haunt my melancholy eyes
and, dreary, drench, dismal, the lights
its tumult trembles in my sight.

Have not I been before forlorn
weaving waves of muddled wonder
into my heart so torn asunder
even somber in the day less worn?

Yet morose as is the moon's ascent
plunging pitifully through the clouds
from depths of sad myst'ry it bounds
still matches not my dark descent.

For though is rising the horizon
mirthful in its singing solace
unity in its jubilance
I have no portion of its place.

What cast me from deserve`d light
into the bleak, deserted night
yet my own guilty mind in fright:
fractured mirages in my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment